Sunday, April 23, 2006

San Diego - LA

The light on the West Coast is just as bright, but less harsh, Pacific blues and greens have entered the spectrum. I love LA, but we leave it with the usual shudder of relief, passing through steep, misty hills and canyons, which suddenly give way to a stretching plain, disappearing into a dirt grey haze. It's as if we're driving through the shifting, nightmarish-but-beautiful landscapes of Robert Browning's 'Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came'; a big influence on the lyrics of 'Strange Geometry'. My feet ache and I am quite tired. Radio sessions and shows have been and gone, playing guitar seems as natural to me now as sleeping or eating, as if I will be able to apply for jobs when I get home with the special recommendation that I can get a lovely tone on the b-string when playing an F# minor 9th chord.

No comments: